Once a load is entered via dispatch with a truck assigned to the load as well as a customer and rate/gross pay, the invoice will automatically populate on the main invoicing tab.
Simply open the invoicing screen and there will be a list of loads that can be invoiced to the customer or factoring company.
Every column in the invoice grid can be re-sized (see item #13-storing grid settings), moved and sorted by column headers to suit your individual needs and help you work more efficiently.
To print and process, place a checkmark in the 'Print' field next to each invoice/load that is ready for invoicing. Select 'Process Invoices' when you are finished.
Please note several areas that can be changed on the right side of the screen under 'Options'
*** Helpful tip: You can edit customer rates/gross pay directly from the Gross Pay column.
After clicking the Gross Pay box twice, the rate change screen will appear.
2) select INVOICES to process, copies to 1
3) you must be using the FANCY invoice to email (see here)
4) press PROCESS button and a PREVIEW screen will appear.
5) press the EMAIL button and select address, should bring up email address if you put it on the customer in dispatch
6) also can PRINT, EXPORT as PDF, CLOSE
other buttons & functions:
a) UPDATE FROM QB->updates the list of UN-invoiced loads(be careful if QB is not up to date)
b) EXPORT TO EXCEL-> as with MOST grids in DRD, you can export the data to excel to do whatever you need to. sort, group, print etc
c) REFRESH-> this reloads the most current data, in case changes were made by another user on network OR changes you may have made in AR
d) FIND LOAD-> simply input a PRO # to find a load in the grid. NOTE: if the PRO # is NOT in the UN-invoice list, it will not be found .you may need to REVERSE the invoice!
e) COMMENTS-> allows you to SELECT an invoice->then type in a comment to print on invoice for customer to see
f) SELECT ALL-> simply places a check in ALL loads to be invoiced
g) DE SELECT ALL->REMOVES all the loads checked to be invoiced
h) PROCESS INVOICE-> process and prints all the selected invoices at one time
i) QuickBooks Export->this opens the QB export form. after you invoice a load, IF QB integration is TURNED ON, it will end up in this screen, waiting for you to export those invoices to QB. from there use QB reports etc to collect & spend your money.
j) PRINT PAPER COPY-> advanced user, that utilize QB, can process invoice in DRD, print NO PAPER, then export data to QB and PRINT INVOICE FROM THERE!
k) PRINT PREVIEW-> brings up a print preview rather then sending invoice STRAIGHT to printer. use this to email of fax an invoice
l) PRINT IN MANIFEST FORM-> allows MANY INVOICES to be printed at once, as long as ALL are for SAME customer. sorts the invoices below in alphabetical order so selection is easy
m) PRINT COMMENTS ON MANIFEST INVOICE-> prints invoice comments on manifest invoice
n) PRINT SHIP/REC ADDRESS ON INVOICE-> prints the ship/rec address with the other stop info, on the invoice
o) USE MY COMPANY ADDRESS->When using SECURITY module, this will use the ADDRESS info stored under you OFFICE CODE RETURN zddress, not whats in SETUP
p) USE CUSTOM INVOICE DATE-> when checked, a calendar drops down. select the DATE you want printed & stored for invoice date(NOT checked= TODAY date)
q) PRINT POD INFORMATION-> prints any POD info you entered on Dispatch screen
r) FREIGHT TYPE-> use this if customer requires 'pre paid', FOB, collect & 3rd party
TRUCKING A/R (accounts Receivable)
A/R or accounts Receivable is simply money that is OWED to you from sending out invoices. from invoice screen->process invoice->goes to A/R until you get paid. that ends the life of a load.
1) to receive a payment. find & highlight a load(row)
2) press the 'Post payment' button to post it. IF you are integrated with QB, it will ask to "update Quickbooks" on this payment. you should always UPDATE QB, if asked
a) UPDATE BALANCES->You also can/should post payments in QB and sync up this screen when ready(or not at all)
b) UPDATE PAID STATUS->use caution here. if it does NOT find the PRO# in QB, it will REVERSE the load in DRD to re-invoice
c) EXPORT TO EXCEL-> as with MOST grids in DRD, you can export the data to excel to do whatever you need to. sort, group, print etc
d) RECALCULATE-> press this to re calc the TOTAL AR amount
reports is in UPPER LEFT corner of invoice screen
1) Loads Waiting for bills-> for lack of better words, the BILLS & PPW needed to invoice a load are walking around in a drivers pocket:). list of load that have NOT been invoiced.
2) A/R Aging->this is a simple report of who owes you what. QB provides a more detailed AR report if you are integrated
3) Customer Statements-> this allows you to select any customer that owes you money and send them simple list of what loads they owe you for. QB does this as well
1) REVERSEAL-> this is an MUCH USED FEATURE!. anytime you need to bring an invoice back, that has been previously invoiced. CTRL + R is easy shortcut. enter the pro #, press enter twice to reverse. easy!
2) A/R History-> use this to print history of payments you applied to loads for ONE customer or all. date range drill down or ALL.
3) Invoice history->gives you list/details on what was invoiced on any given date. you can export to excel. REMEMBER all of our grids have ability to sort & group any column by clicking on column headers or dragging the header UP and dropping in the grey area(enable sorting/grouping)
4) Enter A/R balance adjustments-> if needed, use this screen to apply credits(+) or debits(-) to the payments you applied to a load in A/R. HIGHLIGHT the load(row) then open screen to adjust balance DUE, up or down.
5) Re-Print Invoice-.use this to re print or get a copy of an invoice. DO NOT use REVERSAL to re print an invoice(re process). that changes the original invoice date to the date you re process it. makes AR aging wrong. will have no idea how long ago it was billed if you change the invoice date.
QUICKBOOKS(menu at top)
if you are a NEW DRD user, these menu choices can IMPORT ALL customers and Vendors(carriers) from Quickbooks to DRD, a HUGE time saver. do NOT do this if you have a good deal of customers already in DRD, will cause DUPLICATES!!!
you also can export CUSTOMERS & VENDORS from DRD to QB, should you buy QuickBooks AFTER you buy DRD. All customers will export anyway as invoices are processed. it is NOT necessary to export customer or vendors to QuickBooks!!!