- Manually Select Driver on Load: When enabled, you must select both the driver and the truck. Disabling will put the driver you assign to a truck on each load (assign driver on equipment tab).
- Calc Drv Payroll When Empty: Calculates driver pay when you Empty a load. (Default: ON)
- Open with "Load Entry": When enabled, Dispatch opens with the "Dispatch" tab active. When disabled, it opens on the Loadboard tab.
- Ignore Trk/Trl Status: Allows you to see or pre-assign equipment to loads. When disabled, you can only assign equipment that is available. (Default: ON)
- Show preview (load sheet): When enabled you will get a "preview screen" when printing. This allows emailing, faxing, and printing when doing a rate confirmation. If disabled, print jobs go straight to the Windows selected printer.
- Show POD screen when empty: Shows Proof Of Delivery screen when load is marked "Empty".
- Ignore Status Change Business Rules: When checked, disables our standard warning popups and allows status changes for incomplete loads with missing information (Not recommended.)
- Example: If enabled, would allow a brand-new, totally blank load to be changed from "Available" to "Dispatched".
- This will cause problems with Invoicing and should be normally be kept disabled.
- Strict Customer Credit Limits: When checked you must specify credit limits for ALL customers.
- Use "Service Reminder": Checking this option will allow Dr. Dispatch to advise you that any given truck is at or over the predetermined oil change interval. You set the oil change interval, mileage and other service related options via the "Equipment" tab within dispatch. The current trip miles are added to the miles since last oil change upon emptying a load out. This is setup on Trucking > Dispatch > Equipment tab.
- Intermodal: Activates a few extra fields for LFD (Last Free Date), Pick Up & Drop Off date on containers, as well as use of chassis numbers.
- Strict Customer Credit Limits: Prevents anyone from assigning a customer to a load if that customer is over their credit limit.
- Show Deadhead location prompt after truck assignment: Asks user if OK to add a DeadHead to the Stop Grid to show where a truck came from on a prior load.
- Lock Invoiced Loads: Locks loads that have been invoiced. Discourages changes to rates, stops etc.
- To unlock individual loads with this enabled: Right-click on screen->edit load.
- Save Grid Settings: Stores each user's columns and grids. Each PC holds it's own local settings
- Enable "Pay Driver" button: This activates a field below Gross Pay on the Dispatch screen. Pressing the button in this field will figure drivers pay instantly, as long as it was empty to begin with. (This will not overwrite an existing pay record.)
- Show MILES on percent Drvs: When doing driver pay sheets, this option prints mileage from load on pay sheet.
- Use Ship/Rec Open Times on stops: Inserts whatever you have for hours on that facility.
- Disabling this prevents the shipper/receiver's operating hours from overwriting an appointment.
- NOTE: If 'hours of operation' are BLANK. this will put BLANK in time for that stop, overwriting what you had there with blank. Choose the option that suits you best.
- LoadBoard colors: Define the color for each status for a load. (available, assigned, dispatched, loaded, empty)
- Auto Open Trucking When Dr Dispatch Starts: Automatically opens Truck Dispatch when Dr Dispatch is started.
- Refresh Loadboard on screen change: Refreshes/updates the Loadboard automatically when moving to it from a different tab within Trucking.
- Warn users about un-empty loads past their due date: Will tell you "xx loads are not empty and is past due date".
(Basically, you missed your delivery appointment.)
- Enable Maintenance Module: If you purchased the optional Maintenance module, this turns it on.
- Show Expired Trailer Tag Notification: Warns if Trailer tags are expired when assigning a trailer.
- Require Gross Pay on All Loads: This option requires rate to be greater then zero on any loads entered.
- Require Customer Reference Numbers: Must have a reference number to mark a load as "Dispatched".
- Require Orig/Dest Before Dispatch: This option will prevent anyone from marking a load as "Dispatched" if the origin or destination are left blank.
- Auto-Calc Leg Revenue (splits): If this box is checked (suggested), then the legs will automatically figure how much of the Gross Pay goes to each leg.
- This keeps the revenue and miles on each leg instead of grabbing money from the master and miles from the legs.
- In a nutshell, you will not see the master load in Revenue reports at all, only the legs.
Handle Blank stops dates/times:
- Show Blank P/U Dates As: If you leave these dates blank, they will not show on many reports and features.
Set a default date if you tend to NEVER fill in the dates (NOT RECOMMENDED!!).
- Show Blank P/U Times As: If you leave these times blank, they will not show on many reports and features.
Set a default time if you tend to NEVER fill in the times (NOT RECOMMENDED!!).
- Default Maximum Trip Weight: Default weight that your trucks can carry, in pounds.
- Default Maximum Trip Pallet/Space: Default number of pallets that your trucks can carry.
- If your fleet includes different sized trucks, we recommend using the values for your smallest truck to avoid accidentally booking overweight loads.
Cost Base Lines section:
Other Cost Per Mile (Maintenance, etc): Average maintenance/depreciation/etc. cost per mile, in US dollars.
Target Profit %: Your desired profit margin per load. Enter as a whole number. Example: Entering 30 would be 30%.
Average Fleet MPG (Used to Calculate Fuel Cost Per Mile): Miles Per Gallon averaged across your entire fleet.
Average Fuel Price Per Gallon: Average cost per gallon of fuel, in US dollars.
TL: Percentage of the line haul added to the invoice to help cover fuel costs.
LTL: Percentage of the line haul for the LTL load added to the invoice to help cover fuel costs.
- Enter both of the the above as whole numbers. Example: Entering 20 would be a 20% surcharge.