Accounts Payable (A/P):
A/P is the money that you owe to your carriers from hauling your loads. Once an invoice has been processed on the main invoicing screen, the invoice/pro # will appear on the A/P and A/R tabs and remain there until you've been paid by your Customer and pay your Carrier. That ends the life of a load in the brokerage.
- To settle with a carrier or print a settlement, you must first select a single carrier from the list in center of form.
- In the grid below, all the loads that could be paid to the carrier are visible.
- Sort or group as needed to find loads due to be paid.
- Most users use the AP aging to determine what is to be paid each week.
- Place a CHECK in the "Process" box for each load you want to pay the carrier for today.
- Make sure that any advances that you gave the carrier are included in the upper right corner of form.
- Finally click 'Process settlement' to preview/print/email the settlement.
- Say YES to "Finish processing settlement' to mark those loads as paid to carrier.
- "Update Paid Bills" button: Imports payment data for the selected Carrier from Quickbooks into Dr Dispatch.
- "Export ->Excel" button: Exports the invoices listed in the grid to a new Excel spreadsheet including column headers.
Carrier Deductions (Advances):
Open the Carrier Deductions screen by clicking the "ChargeBacks" button on the main A/P screen.
- "Add Advance" button: Click this to create a new advance payment entry.
- Pro #: Enter the Pro # for the associated load.
- Driver/Description: Describe who/what the advance is for.
- Amount: Enter how much was advanced.
- Issue Date: Enter the date that the advance was paid out.
- Sett. Date: Enter the date that the advance was settled.
- Check #: Enter the check number that the advance was paid with.