There are several variances of 'A QuickBooks Company File Is Already Open' error. These errors occur because the QuickBooks file that is open is not the same file that is stored in Dr. Dispatch settings.
In order for the connection and exports to be successful, both QuickBooks and Dr Dispatch have to be utilizing the same company file.
To change the stored location of the path (location) of your QuickBooks company file in Dr. Dispatch:
* Verify you have the correct QuickBooks file open on your computer - be sure to open it from the shared network folder where the file is located if you have more than one QuickBooks user.
* Navigate to Dr. Dispatch-->System-->Setup-->QuickBooks Setup
* Ensure that you have the correct tab selected - Trucking, Brokerage or Use Both
* Press the 'Use Currently Open File' button
* Finish tabbing through the remaining screens and close the setup screen upon completion
* Exit Dr. Dispatch and reopen. Changes will not be effective until the program exits and restarts.