The Drivers tab is the place to enter/edit/manage your drivers.
First, a few of the basic functions of the main Driver tab screen:
- The upper pane contains your drivers that are currently in the system.
- Double-click a driver to edit or update their information using the "Add/Edit Driver" screen.
- Left-click a driver to select that driver's record.
The lower pane contains four sub-tabs with information for the currently selected driver: History, Documents, Pay Templates, Recurring Deductions.
Last Date Home: The last date this driver completed a load/trip.
Days Out: Automatically calculated based on Last Date Home.
Lower Pane: Sortable load history for the selected Driver.
- Listing of documents attached to the selected Driver.
- Manage Documents button: Click this to open the DRD Doc Scanning screen (see below screenshot.)
- Drag/drop files to be attached to the central pane.
- Attach a File button: Click to browse your workstation for files to attach.
- Scan Image button: Click to import an attachment directly from a scanner connected to your workstation
- Important Note: Cloud Users are unable to scan documents directly into DRD since your scanner is not plugged in to our remote server.
- We recommend that you save scanned documents to your DRD Remote Desktop's Shared Documents Folder and use "Attach a File" instead.
- You may also use cloud storage services like Dropbox if you use their services instead.
Save Driver Pay rates for repeated use as templates to pay your drivers.
- Templates can be assigned to each Driver to use for all of their loads and/or assigned during load entry on a per load basis.
- Existing templates can be edited by double-clicking their entry in the table.
- Click the "Add Template" button to start creating a new template.
- Enter a name for the new template in the popup.
- In the "Driver Pay Template" screen, enter your desired pay rates.
- Use whole numbers, not decimals. Example: "25" = 25%.
- Click "OK" to save the new template.
Include entries for scheduled payroll deductions, such as Workers' Comp or personal taxes, to be withheld from Driver Pay.
- Select a Driver in the upper pane.
- Click the "Add Deduction" button to bring up the "Recurring Deductions" screen.
- Select Type: Flat or Percent.
- If using Percent, then select what the percentage is based on.
- Fill out ALL fields.
- Check the "Active" box to turn this deduction entry on.
- Click "Save".
- Driver Type MUST be selected!
- Company->requires nothing special. probably gets a W2 at end of year(taxable wages)
- Fleetowner -> This driver works for a person that owns more then one truck. The paycheck will be made out to the Fleetowner, not the driver. (You MUST choose from the dropdown list.)
- OWNEROP- -> contractor that gets a 1099 at end of year. make SURE you CHECK '1099' box!!
- FUEL CARD -> required to use fuel import and apply ADVANCES to drv pay system. this is how we know which drv to chg for advance/fuel
- PAY TYPE -> this is IMPORTANT. hoe do you pay the drv? percent, miles, FLAT(you tell it how much each load)
- make use you use a DECIMAL point in the pay amount (.92)= .92% or .92 per mile
- STOP pay is dollars per stop, not a percent (see TEMPLATE pay)
- PAY FUEL ->pays OO all the fuel surcharge if checked. if you need something more flexible->see TEMPLATE pay
- Per diem->tax free part of a drvs wage (advanced users)
- FREE DH MILES-. is number if miles the drv is NOT paid for, if listed as DeadHead miles on dispatch screen.
- SAVE the data once entered
Next lets look at TEMPLATE pay, finally we will discuss the HISTORY and SCANNED DOCS tab
if you need to pay a drv by PERCENTAGE, but need more control over how much he gets, TEMPLATES may be the answer.
you make drv paytype = TEMPLATE. then a NEW tab appears to add/Manage your PAY TEMPLATES.
with templates you can pay a drv a PERCENT of any line item you are using to bill your customer. In other words: LineHaul = .92%, stops =.50%, FSC =.75% etc.
you can select a DEFAULT pay template for each template drv. these can be changed on Dispatch screen so you could have a OUTBOUND rate of pay and an INBOUND rate of pay. see images below.
then you add or edit a pay template(see image below)
once you have your drivers all setup, pay types selected, pay rates setup. then you simply ASSIGN the drivers to the loads, when EMPTY DRD will figure a pay record according to what you setup here. you can maullay trigger DRD to figure pay by pressing the 'drv profit' button. see setup (item #14) to turn on drv profit btn.
we will cover payroll in detail here.
the HISTORY tab gives instant history in any drv.
**Last home date will allow you to prnit report on all drv and see how long they have been out. you can also look here at anytime.
you can attach/manage/view any Document or pdf to a drv here. (optional purchase) See scanning section